Day 30: Public transit, why must you plague me so?

Hallelujah! It’s only 9:31 p.m. and here I am blogging … and it’s not because I’m trying to blog first and do all my other work later. That’s right, I’m pretty much finished for the night, which is not to say there isn’t more work to be done. But I’m just not feeling it tonight.  I still have the rest of the week to work on all that. I’m just really ready for Thanksgiving.

This morning, I was all set to go to church. For absolutely not reason at all, I was wide awake at 7:26 a.m. That would be my body clock playing tricks on me. I was out and ready for the shuttle at 8:30 a.m. but … it never came! It was so cold today! How can it be only two degrees outside at the beginning of October? After about 30 minutes of waiting around, one of the guys waiting at the same stop as me said, “Oh … no … the bus just left.”

It was awful! Turns out, the bus was picking up people at a different stop. And where was my memo? Nowhere that I know of! So I missed the bus to church. Getting there by public transit takes 50 minutes. I would definitely have been late for the service. So I went back up to res and read the news for about 40 minutes. When 9:50 a.m. came around, I set out for Round Two. I ended up taking public transit to church. It’s really not a fun commute, but at least I got there! And just in time for hot muffins fresh out of the oven that the Met sells in between services.

Fortunately, there was a shuttle to take me back to school. Of course, it would have been better if the driver actually decided to stop at Carleton. He would have bumbled along right out of school if someone hadn’t stopped him. He pulled over on the side of the road and I ran out of there along with some other students before he could change his mind.

For the rest of the day, I sat and tried to get my work down. It was just … so … painful. I can’t wait until Thursday because I’m so ready to go home! All day long I was trying to finish a proposal for journalism. We have to pitch our feature story idea to our professor (a.k.a. our “editor”) and I ended up having to Google up a storm doing research on eco-friendly small businesses. And let me tell you, it is no picnic. But in the end, I managed to scrape up 400 words and leave it for Future Veronica to edit.

Now I’m ready for a relaxing night. I should probably practice writing my Chinese for a quiz coming up. Nothing too stressful. And yet, in the back of my mind, I have a feeling the madness will erupt as soon as I come back from Thanksgiving break. But like I said, that’s Future Veronica’s problem.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s