Well I did it. I’ve officially “started studying.” I completed my notes for my public institutions class and I’m really trying to get my brain into exam mode (with little success). I just can’t wait for this to be all over.
That was probably not helped by my Christmas planning today. It always seems silly to me that I have to make a schedule for holidays, but I know if I don’t, my precious break is going to be squandered. I need maximum rest while also seeing all the people I’ve missed very much over these past few months. All I know is this would be a lot easier if we just didn’t have exams. What ever happened to those lovely days of old where December meant Christmas parties in school, candy-cane-o-grams, and making ugly tree ornaments? How I miss those days.
In the spirit of getting into the studying mood, I think I’ll list all the things I want to do over the Christmas break:
- Spend time with my Mumsey and my Daddy
- Catch up with my friends, which will naturally include
- Eating lots of sushi
- Bake chocolate- and peanut butter-chip cookies with toffee bits (I’ve been craving these for months)
- And hey, while I’m at it, I think I’ll eat loads of peanut butter to make up for these lost months
- Go to my first ever spa, thanks to some very well-loved family friends
- Movie nights!
- Get chocolate chip pancakes from Sunset Grill
- Tame the rat’s nest that is my hair
- Lie around the house in my pajamas for a day, just because I can
- Think about absolutely nothing academically relevant and not feel guilty about it
It’s definitely going to be an excellent Christmas break. How can I possibly go back to learning about parliamentary reporting?