Day 19: Burning that midnight oil

I can’t believe how awake I feel! It’s already 1:05 a.m. but I don’t feel tired at all (something I will definitely regret tomorrow, or shall I say later, this morning). It was such a long day.

There was only one class today. I had media law in the morning, which wasn’t too bad. I actually don’t mind learning about all the legal stuff. Who knew I wouldn’t mind reading about freedom of speech and the Canadian Constitution. I suppose it’s nice to have a back-up. If this journalist stuff doesn’t work out, I guess I’ll just fall back on being a Supreme Court judge. We all have our Plan Bs.

Side note: the new Charlatan issue is out with my profile story in it! It’s the only one in the Perspectives section printed in full. I’m proud of it. I updated the link on the Published Articles page, so there should be a picture of Irene Gshinguta there now.

After class I was in the yeehaw phase. The weekend was here and I was ready to embrace it with open arms! I hunkered down in my room and surprisingly got a lot of work done, which is a good thing if I want to leave my Wednesday free to enjoy turning another year older.

I went to the C4C weekly meeting tonight. We were doing more outreach, but I spent most of it looking up interesting videos and articles, which I shall post if I find some good ones. (In the mean time, you can visit or if you’ve ever wondered about God or what people crave in life.)

After the meeting, I went out for dinner with some friends. Jasmine, Jason, Laosey, Oreoluwa went to Thai Coconut and I had their traditional green curry. It was great, but I’m extremely full. Now I know why no one eats curry at 9 p.m. It sits in your stomach like a big boiling rock. Fortunately it didn’t boil for long because it is absolutely freezing tonight. The sky was completely clear (I could even see the stars!), leaving us unprotected by any clouds at a frigid -25 degrees with plenty of wind.

By the time I got back to school, it was past 11 p.m., and I had a big fat embarrassing moment of having to greet a bunch of people I hardly know in my pajamas. They were Jasmine’s friends and they came to borrow some Polysporin (I ran into them in the hallway and offered it, but they insisted they didn’t need it. I did say my offer still stands, but I didn’t think they’d change their minds tonight.) but I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. I was already changed into my PJs within the first two minutes of getting into my room (anything to get out of those cold clothes!). I guess Kitty let them in without letting me know, and so I had no choice but to suck it up and burst out in my PJs, daring anyone to comment. That’s always fun.

On bright side, I may be getting my new Macbook tomorrow! I’m still undecided whether it’s going to be a Macbook or a Macbook Pro, but all shall be revealed in the morning (a.k.a. a few short hours). For now, I suppose I should pipe down and get some shut eye before I crash and burn after the exhaustion catches up to me.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s